Neaktuální pracovní nabídka
Junior Packaging Designer pro Lego
Are you a skilled structural packaging designer who would like to set your mark on the LEGO packaging experience? Do you want to work with augmented reality and bring the physical development into the digital world? Then you might be our new junior packaging designer.
Translate business objectives into packaging concepts with a strong LEGO DNA
As our new junior packaging designer your responsibility will be to support the packaging designers in their projects as well as drive your own. We recently started using virtual reality and are in the midst of building the foundation to use it even more in the future packaging development. The tool enables us to visualise a 3D store to validate packaging concepts in context and to improve decisions at a much earlier stage of the development. The expected split between design support and VR tasks will be 50/50 and your tasks include:
- Creating cost-effective packaging with a strong LEGO look and feel by balancing input from the consumers, packaging engineering, management and the markets
- Creating new structural packaging concepts – from ideation and sketching, to making prototypes and handing the concepts to the packaging engineers for maturing
- Working with various tasks within project management, research and virtual reality visualisations
Creativity in everything we do
You will join the Packaging Experience Design team, a small, busy team located in the product development unit at the LEGO Group in Billund. We are passionate about the overall product and packaging experience and motivated by the opportunity to shape the LEGO packaging strategy. Our role is to develop strong structural packaging concepts, in collaboration with art directors that meet the need for standing out and delivering strong consumer value. We have an end-to-end approach and consider all aspects in the packaging value chain to ensure a high impact on the shelf.
Structural designer with good communications skills
With your eye on the big picture, you consistently deliver results and have a proactive, positive approach to challenges. Using your strong collaboration skills, you are open to giving and receiving feedback from colleagues. You have a good understanding of production processes and the packaging impact on the consumer. Your qualifications:
- You hold a bachelor´s degree or a master’s degree within industrial design with preferably 1-2 years of work experience
- You have solid skills within 3D, Photoshop, Illustrator, Solid Works or other CAD based software (e.g. ArtiosCAD)
- Experience within augmented reality software such as Studio Store Visualizer or similar is an advantage but not a requirement
- You have strong sketching and visualisation skills
- You are fluent in English verbally and in writing
Bringing it to life
„Packaging is the most important touchpoint between the consumer and the LEGO product and is an integrated part of the full product experience. You will play a vital role in contributing to this experience through strong value-adding packaging. Additionally, you will have a big influence on the future usage of VR in the development process. We have high ambitions to how we can influence the overall consumer experience and look forward to welcoming you on this exciting journey,“ says Manager, PXD-Team, Caroline L. Hansen.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together! You will be part of a global family, where you will collaborate across the LEGO® community. We look very much forward to reading your application. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Caroline L. Hansen at +45 79 50 71 09.